If you think your feet are the only body part that benefits from wearing Birks, you are wrong. Birks also tone your legs over time.
Developing toned legs is possible by wearing Birkenstocks regularly. They provide support for the legs, warm them up well, and align the leg bones to properly carry your weight. Also, they have shock-absorbing and anti-static properties, a fantastic cushion to help reduce pressure, and an active recovery mechanism, all of which contribute to toning your legs.
Did all of these pique your interest? If yes, we can help you learn more about how Birkenstocks incredibly do it. Keep reading this article!
What does it mean to have toned legs?
Having toned legs is not only an indication of a great physique but also of good health. What sets them apart from the usual legs is that they are lean. This means that they have low levels of body fat which are essential in developing strong muscles, joints, and ligaments.
Additionally, you can see the muscle cuts and curves on the legs with your bare eyes. This translates into noticeable toned muscle definition and shape. When you hold them, they are firm to the touch which is a manifestation of a healthy leg condition.
Usually, our normal activities every day are already enough to get our legs working. As long as they are moving regularly, you increase the chances of toning them. But if you are looking for specific and effective ways to tone them, you can do walking, sprinting, dancing, cycling, and exercising using a jumping rope, to name a few.
How do Birkenstocks tone your legs?
The job of Birks to tone your legs is not directly and immediately carried out. It might take some time to see the difference because wearing them is truly meant to support your feet. But since the brand cares for your health, it assumes that healthy feet lead to an overall healthy body, including your legs.
- Your Birks serve as great support for the lower extremities of your body when you are walking. Notice the footbed of your Birks. It has an intricate mold which is considered to be anatomically correct as it supports every part of your feet when walking. In effect, it brings about support to your legs, too.
- They warm up your feet and legs well, especially during walking long distances. Apart from doing some stretching before walking, wearing Birks is already good preparation. Their footbeds and soles encourage your feet and legs to function properly and condition them to exert just the right amount of effort.
- Wearing your Birks regularly aligns your bones and posture to properly carry your weight. This evenly distributes your weight throughout your body. In effect, toning your legs also becomes evenly achieved, making the process of burning excessive leg fat easy and swift over time.
- The shock-absorbing and anti-static properties of Birks lessen the stress that your feet and legs get from walking. Even though toning your legs require you to move frequently, this should not equate to stress and tension. This is why the footbed and sole of your Birks are a great defense against them.
- The cork and latex footbed of Birks serves as a fantastic cushion to help reduce pressure while being flexible. You might think that a flexible cushion does not exist. You are wrong because Birkenstock has this exactly as its cork and latex footbed helps you nourish your feet and legs, leading to toning.
- Your Birks make sure that your feet and legs receive maximum comfort even after long periods of walking. Wearing them will not restrain your feet and legs. You will almost not notice that you are walking with footwear on because of the comfort. As a result, you can endure and even enjoy walking for long periods!
- Birkenstock is also known for its active recovery mechanism that is beneficial after a session of strenuous workout. Consider this as a part of the cooling-down process. You need comfortable footwear, like Birks, to replenish the lost energy from your foot and leg muscles.
Birkenstock Parts Which Are Beneficial to Your Legs
Let us look into the specific parts of your Birkenstock to know why they are beneficial to your legs:
The footwear uppers are responsible for appropriate fit and grip which, in effect, enable you to walk comfortably. With the right uppers, you should not need to exert so much force anymore which results in lesser pressure and stress distributed to your legs.
Buckles are the partner of uppers. You can adjust them easily according to your desired fit and your foot size. If you buckle them just enough that still gives enough room for your feet to move, this contributes as well to having less restrained and stressed feet and legs.
The footbed is considered the heart of Birks. Its design is anatomically correct which caters to the complex structure of your feet, including their shape and contours. In turn, the comfort and support they receive influence your legs to remain calm and stable.
The sole is always in contact with the ground, serving as the cushion which absorbs shock and tension from walking. This not only provides your feet and legs with stability but also improves the alignment of your body posture starting from your feet up to your spine. This includes your legs as well.
Advantages of Having Toned Legs When Walking
Almost all of the parts of your body work together to carry out even just a single step. Toned legs, in particular, play an important role because they support both your feet and the upper extremities of your body. To know more about why they are essential when walking, here are the advantages:
- Your toned legs better support your feet in carrying your weight, resulting in a lighter feeling when you take every step. Having them is already an indication of less body fat. This leads to lighter body weight which is evenly distributed to your lower extremities.
- You feel more comfortable and at ease when walking if you have toned legs. This is because your legs are already conditioned to moving regularly. They are already capable of handling shocks and pressure which are moderate in strength.
- Your toned legs influence your stance and body posture to become more stable and balanced when you walk. Since the distribution of weight is evenly dispersed, they enable you to straighten your body even while moving.
- Having your legs toned decreases the chances of experiencing foot injuries and pain. Remember that toned legs are healthy. They give your body reliable support when walking to avoid damage to your feet and other foot ailments.
- Having toned legs quickens the warming-up process of your feet and legs at the start of walking. Because they are already conditioned to move due to regular walking exercise, they take only a short amount of time to be at their best.
- Getting tired easily is not a problem if you have toned legs. Even during long walks, they feel energized to take every step. This is because they have been exposed to regular exercises which better strengthen their muscles.
Aside from toning legs, what are the other health benefits of wearing Birks?
You already know that Birks can help you tone your legs and are generally good for your feet. But you might be asking yourself what other health benefits these can give you. Look at the list below, so you can understand how amazing Birks can be.
- Your Birks can soothe many types of foot ailments. They are not only good for prevention but also alleviation toward healing over time. Some of these include sciatica, bunions, plantar fasciitis, overpronation, metatarsalgia, peripheral neuropathy, and high arches.
- The acceleration of the blood circulation in the lower extremities of your body can be supported by wearing Birks. This keeps the muscles in your feet and legs from contracting too much which, if left untreated, can cause pain and numbness.
- Wearing Birks can quicken the recovery of your feet and legs after a session of strenuous workout. Calming the muscles and joints in these body parts should be comforting and appropriately supported by anatomically correct footwear.
- The foot protection of your Birks can shield your feet against infections. Remember that many disease- and infection-causing bacteria can be found on the ground. This is why the sole and footbed of Birkenstock are durable enough to restrict contact between your feet and the ground.
- Birks can enable your feet and legs to practice their natural flexibility. It is not advisable to put too much stress on your feet just to make a step. The natural flexibility of your feet and legs should gently command your footwear to bend and move forward.
Birkenstocks as Active Recovery Footwear
Imagine the fatigue and exhaustion felt by your feet and legs after running or a workout. Is wearing the same footwear you used during these activities enough to calm and soothe your tired muscles and joints? The answer is no. You should look for footwear that can facilitate a speedy recovery.
Fret not because Birkenstocks can give you exactly this one, and the secret lies in their fantastic footwear. As mentioned before, they are anatomically correct that consider the structure of your feet. Each part targets a particular foot concern to help replenish the lost energy from doing strenuous activities.
Breaking in your Birks might take some time, but you have to be patient because they are reliable to help you soothe your exhausted feet and legs. In effect, you recover fast and properly.
Best Birks for Active Recovery
We have chosen some of the best picks of Birks which promise you active recovery. Although the brand makes sure you will experience this by wearing any of its footwear, the Birk models below are considered popular by many customers just like you.
1. Arizona Birkibuc
The contoured footbed and EVA sole of this model of Birkenstock lead the task of active recovery. The former supports your feet, whereas the latter is both lightweight and flexible to be worn. Additionally, the Birkibuc synthetic leather upper makes it more appealing to the sight.
2. Arizona Soft Footbed Suede Leather
Apart from the magnificence of its footbed and sole, you should focus on its added layer of foam padding in between the second layer of jute and the lining. It translates into a softer feel to the touch which can calm your exhausted muscles. Additionally, suede has a velvety surface which can give maximum comfort.
3. Arizona Soft Footbed Oiled Leather
Similar to the aforementioned, this model of Birks has an extra padding of foam as well. However, this uses oiled leather which is famous for its unique patina look. Now, you can both have active recovery and style at the same time.
4. Arizona Birko-Flor
If your priority is durability, aside from active recovery, this model is for you. Birko-Flor is a synthetic material that is resistant to tear and severe damage. Additionally, it has a contoured footbed and EVA sole as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it advisable to walk long distances in Birks?
Yes, Birkenstocks are good to be worn for walking long distances as they provide you with stable support and maximum comfort. They are also capable of warming up your feet and legs to prepare them for walking for a long period.
Are Birks good for your legs?
Yes, Birkenstocks are good for your legs because they tone them very well. After frequent use, you will notice physical improvements. For one, you will see better shape and muscle cuts as a result of lessened body fat. Also, they align your body posture from your feet up to your spine.
Are Birks good for your knees?
If you want extra care for your knees, Birkenstocks are good for them. They provide support for your feet which, in turn, lessens the pressure on your knees when walking. Also, they are flexible enough to go with the natural flexibility of your knees.
Key Takeaways: Do Birkenstocks tone your legs?
Birkenstocks do work wonders not just for your feet but your legs, too. They can effectively tone them after regular use. But since this does not happen directly and instantly, you have to be extra patient and wait for some time for this to happen.
Undeniably, walking is one of the best exercises to tone your legs, but it is much better to do this while wearing your Birks!